SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carsonheim_gw

help with placement of bar in family room

carsonheim
10 years ago

Howdy! Hoping y'all can weigh in on a layout issue for me.

In our new home we will have a bar in the family room -- we love to entertain!

I'm concerned about the current size/layout and wondering if we need to rework it or if I'm fretting over nothing.

Here are the options.
Option 1 makes good efficient use of the space. But I wonder if it will be too tight? It is 36" from the back cabinet to the front bar where the sink is. The tightest part of the entry space is 30" There would really only be one person in there at a time, so I'm not tremendously concerned about fitting multiple people. Just wondering if it's enough working space to make cocktails and pour wine...

Option 2 gives a lot more working space in the bar area, and moves the sink out of the peninsula, so more space to shake shake shake those cocktails. But I'm concerned that the bar swinging into the family room would look strange?????

Option 3 provides more working space, more storage, but again, it protrudes into the family room.

Granted, with any of the options, because this is located in a corner of the room, I don't *think* any walking paths would be inhibited by any of the options. Options 2 and 3 also would provide additional cabinet and shelving space.

Oh wise and design-talented GWers, what sayeth ye????

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!