SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliff_and_joann

Replaced big round drum table with small table.

cliff_and_joann
8 years ago

We're spiffing up the LR a bit. We got a new bigger rug, as the old one was too small. Last month we ordered a new couch, which is scheduled to be delivered on March 15th.

The big round end table next to the sofa on the left side was too big and crowded out the small rocker. The rocker we can date back to 1909 in my hubby's family, it has special meaning to us, as it has rocked several generations of babies in our family.

We decided to donate the end table. When I went to good will I found an adorable Indian elephant and a costume jewelry pin. The elephant was dirty, had a broken toe, and two broken tusks.

We repaired his toe and made him new tusks out of wood and cleaned him up with furniture oil.

Then we made a Bombay-ish style little table to place on the wall by the wall unit. It looks adorable and it lights up the area and the wall unit nicely.

I was originally planning to shop for a pole lamp to light up the area, but it just didn't fit with my vision of what I wanted for the corner.

Where the ficus tree is (next to the couch) is where the big drum table was. Hope ya'll think it's as cute as we do.

The lamp I already had, I just hit it with some gold paint.

Comments (14)