SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james_downing9766

Help with 5 shrub identities

James Downing
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hey guys! My wife and I are planning an overhaul of a poorly designed section of our landscape. The hill area was originally planted with a good number of plants, but some have died off, some are struggling, and some have established themselves well. We plan to move around some of these established plants, but I want to make sure I pick appropriate locations for them in the landscape.

Here are a few overall photos of the yard area with the plants labeled A-E, and then below that you will find a detailed picture of each. Each of these plants keep their leaves year-round, and they all are flowering - with E and D flowering in late fall if I recall correctly. Also - it just occurred to me that C and E are the same plant - despite one growing about 5 feet tall (E) and the other barely 2.5' (C).

The only one I am reasonably sure of is B, which I believe is a rhododendron of some sort.

Any information or identification that can be supplied about them will be really helpful in our redesign.

For an overall view of the area, see this thread: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/discussions/3703503/help-with-backyard-hill-layout

Thanks guys!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths