SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabrinatx

About to finalize our plans

sabrinatx
8 years ago

We meet with our designer on Wednesday to finish up our plans! I'm so nervous and full of mixed emotions. I like the over all plan. Just need to make a few changes but I'm so scared to finalize our plans. What if I don't love the house even though I love the plan? I need to commit to it and just do it! ACKKKKKK.....

The one major change that I am considering is flipping the kitchen and living room. Our first plan was to have the kitchen up against the master bedroom closet wall and the living room opposite (house 2 in the picture). But while staring at the plans something was bugging me and I couldn't put my finger on it, then I had an ah ha! moment and it was that I could see part of the kitchen from the front door!

So now I'm thinking to flip the living room and kitchen. I think it's in a better location (closer to the dining room). The only problem my husband and I can see with flipping the rooms is that the kids bedroom hallway will enter from the dining room and husband is afraid of the noise from the tv being close to the bedroom. He works shift work and needs our room to be quite. I told him it shouldn't be a problem. I don't use the surround sound system while watching regular tv anyways. Plus we can insulate the wall and the closets should help with damping the sound. Am I thinking correctly that sound transmission shouldn't be a problem?

The kids hallway in the dining area doesn't really bother me at all. It just kind of looks odd. I told my husband that we could push the dining room out and take some space from the front porch so they could have walk way space.

Here is our plan. House 2 is the original and House 1 is with the flip.

Comments (25)