SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ediblekitchen

1980s Kitchen Layout Help: Round 2

ediblekitchen
8 years ago

Many thanks for all the help on this thread. I've given this some thought, done a slightly more detailed drawing and I'm back for round two.

A couple things... I'm going to try to keep the overall footprint and just remove the glass block wall and add an opening/passthrough to the wall between the kitchen and the dining room. This is mainly to keep costs down. And try as I might, I didn't really come up with a spectacular layout when removing walls.

So, I came up with 2 options: the first one has a range and a tall pantry. It also has a larger opening/passthrough to the dining room. The second has a cooktop and wall ovens and has a smaller passthrough with a wall cabinet for extra storage.

Other Thoughts:

I was initially tempted to try to fit in a 36-inch range or cooktop, but I think everything fits better with a 30-inch.

I like to entertain, so the idea of two ovens is very appealing. But I did see a KitchenAid 30-inch range that has a baking drawer, which would help.

I'm a huge fan of kitchens without upper cabinets, but I also wonder where I will keep wine glasses. Is the dining room too far away?

Please let me know which layout you think would work better and any other feedback and suggestions.

Original plan with bordering rooms:

Kitchen Option 1 - Range

Kitchen Option 2 - Cooktop and Wall Ovens

Original Photos:

Comments (2)