SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vvesper78

Ktichen backsplash - grout color help

vvesper78
8 years ago

OK, so I've used a mixture of white and biscuit subway tiles for my kitchen backsplash. It's a pretty subtle, random mixture. Countertops are London Grey quartz. I want a grout that gives just a tiny bit of definition but doesn't stand out - more on the blending side.

I got some Spectralock grout in Siltstone and did part of my sample board. It looks pinkish! I don't want pink-beige; I want grey-beige. The Silver Shadow sample stick looks very blue next to the biscuit tiles. The Almond looks very yellow. Antique White also looks very yellow in the plastic sample stick. Marble Beige is a bit darker than I want. Ugh!!!

So here's my question - I'm thinking about mixing the Siltstone with another Spectralock color (mix the part Cs before mixing into the liquid). I could try Silver Shadow, but pink and blue make lavender, last I checked. What about Sea Glass? A greenish grey would tone down the pink in the Siltstone **I THINK**. (Green tones down red.) Hard to tell on the screen what color Sea Glass really is.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried this? Anyone used Sea Glass?

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH