SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

furniture: where can I find something like this?

Fori
8 years ago

I am still looking for bookcases with glass doors. For a while I'd given up and decided to settle for open bookcases with solid doors on the lower portion but I couldn't pull the trigger. What I really want is something like this:

This style would be perfect. Simple, modernish, inoffensive. Smash as many together as needed (it's also available in a few other sizes and configurations). But it's also poo-brown stained birch and poplar. I have a multitude of woods in my home but nothing like that. Not that color and not that grain. This is from IKEA. The size is just right, the design is so close, the
price is so stupidly cheap I'm tempted to get some as placeholders.

Any idea where I can find something like this in a better wood? I can do cherry, walnut, mahogany, teak, even oak (but not mission/A&C/prairie). Just no birch. No poplar. No natural maple. (I'm not really a materials snob, except sometimes.)

Any suggestions on where to look? Y'all have given me some nice sources for bookcases before but I'm still not finding the unfindable perfect bookcase/display cabinet.

Thanks! :)

Comments (33)