Houzz Logo Print
leilahamaya

Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 7

leila hamaya
8 years ago

Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 7

we came from here: adopt-a-newbie-ongoing-list-6

Newbies & New Sponsors:

Please read the directions. We will not list you if you are missing things.

Newbies, might you like a little help getting started growing and trading seeds?

Brand new, hoping for more garden variety, needing a boost after a garden or financial loss, or just want a little advice?

Veterans, do you have extra seed that could help a new
gardener-trader get started? From accidental over-harvesting, buying
enough commercial seed for varieties' sake, or because you just want to
help others grow?

Newbies are newbies if they are:

1. truly new to Gardenweb, OR
  2. are not new to GW but new to trading and seeds, OR
  3. could really use help with seed access for any reason.

Adopters can adopt whomever they please, and so can select according to their own wishes and criteria.

Newbie Adoptees:

Pre-adoption procedure

--Your messaging settings must be correct on your profile page in order to be put on the list. Make sure your email setting is correct (see link below in the next post).

--Make sure you have things listed on your Want List (see link), so
we know if we have things in your interests. You can list, for example,
Black Hollyhocks, Hollyhocks, or Old Fashioned/Cottage type flowers, or
Things for shade or perennials, and such. (specific or general, anything
that helps someone match to you).

interests. A short vertical list of some general or specific wants
inside your intro post is helpful.

--Include both your zone & state in your profile page

Costs to the newbie adoptee:

--Pay the postage to the person sending them seeds (or plants) in advance.

--'Seeds only' adopts are the easiest and cheapest postage at about
$2.50+bubble envelope to $4.00 and bubble envie/other protection
included by the veteran. --'Plants too' adopts are usually Priority Mail
and may cost about $5 - $14 depending on size.--Postage payment options
include paypal, stamps, check, money order.

When you are contacted for adoption:

--Check back here to confirm you have been adopted.

--Arrange postage costs and gift details with your adopter.

--Send postage to your adopter.

--After receiving the seed package, thank your adopter & post here too

--Post good feedback/thanks for your adopter on the Rate and Review forum.

Sponsors who want to adopt:

--Standard amount for an adoption = 10 packs of seeds, more if you
would like. Seeds are the focus, though you can contribute plants too if
the timing is zone-appropriate.

--Try to pick a newbie that matches your zone / climate/ interests.

--Post here and claim your newbie, so we know who has been adopted.

--Email/message your newbie, introduce yourself, and offer to adopt
them. Let them know what would be most convenient for you, the amount of
postage you require, your address, etc.

--If you can, post here when you receive the postage and send the
newbie their new seeds. Otherwise let them know that you have mailed, so
they know when to look forward to your package.

A few final requests of newbies -

-- Check back here every so often, and if you are not adopted
quickly, make a fresh post every now and again, to let everyone know you
are still actively seeking adoption.

--If someone adopts you, and you do not respond here or via messaging
within a week, your name will no longer be on the list. If you are
removed by this, or through some error, just make a fresh post to
indicate you are still seeking adoption.

--If you no longer wish to be on the list, or if you dont intend to
follow through with sending postage, just let the adopter know you no
longer want the seed adoption, or let us know so we can remove your name
from the list. no explanation needed, just be sure to let us know, to
prevent veteran adopters from being frustrated with this process.

--Please respond to the veteran adopter when they message, and please follow through on sending your postage in a timely way.

Comments (324)

• leila hamaya
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

a car also drove into one of my gardens last year. it sort of bounced off a cherry tree, the cherry tree actually broke its fall, as it were.

that garden is a long row that i planted to be a fedge, a hedge and a living fence with Food...hence a fedge...so its a long skinny garden bed that goes all along the road. this year and the next it will hopefully be finally filling in real good and continuing to block out the road ...all along the edge of the land there and give more of a private feeling...so yeah its all easy and resilient plants to begin with, but its still just getting established.

actually it may have worked out ok, if that cherry tree hadnt been there it mightve gone all the way to the solid, huge old conifers behind it...

i lost a couple of passionflowers =( and some of the raspberries and strawberries in that section...but i think the tree is going to survive...and theres more than enough raspberry and strawberry there to fill in that section again with new ones. so yeah lost a couple of passionflowers...but i can plant some more in there eventually.

when i saw it the cherry tree appeared to be like...holding the car...the car flipped upside down with the cherry tree branches holding it like a big hand...

the worst of it though...was that all the irrigation hoses...the seep/drip hoses that were set up for watering...all got broken =( actually i havent fixed that up yet and soon i will have to repair them or replace them...i didnt actually see that until the car got pulled off the tree. i suppose the poor person had enough to worry about...so i was nice ...but i was a bit bummed when i realized the hoses were broken...

• leila hamaya
    Original Author
    7 years ago

here's an update to our list......

Current Newbies to be Adopted:

Zone 4:

Lady Bug z4 (veggies, flowers)

Zone 5:

Alexis z5 (pollinator friendly flowers, edibles, medicinals)

daisy5055zone5 (heirloom, edibles)

Jennifer Medrano(5)(veggies, edibles, community gardens)

tea4maddy(5)(pollinator friendly, herbs/medicinal, trees, houseplants)

Shasta(5) (fruits, heirloom, and flowers)

Zone 6:

tomatolady615 Z6 (tomatoes, peppers, herbs, fruit, flowers)

shane brunson(6a) (veggies, fruit, berries)

Jodi Ansin z6b TN (veggies, edibles, flowers for shade)

Zone 7:
    Lauren Lewis(7b) (flowers, annuals and perennials, see want list)

Brandi Jacobs(7) (veggies, herbs, flowers, see want list)

Christina Sanford(7)(edibles, veggies, container gardening)

Zone 8:

Zinn Wintergreen(8)(new to gardening, veggies, see want list)

Tim & Elle Bentley MS Z8a (kitchen garden, heirloom veggies, see want list)

Hunter(8)(fruits, veggies, herbs)

Zone 9-10:

amanda dallas, tx (z9/8) (vegetables, herbs, and fruits, gardening advice)

Ro z9 Texas (flowers ferns vegetables herbs)

Jenn z9 (see wish list on profile)

Vijay Stephen(9b CA) (see wish list)

Angel M (9 FL) (fruits, citrus, butterflies, see wish list)

omerguerian Z9 CA (indoor plants, bulbs, flowers)

Monroe Quarles 9b CA (edibles, vegetables, california natives, medicinals)

Vicky Salinas(9) TX (tomatoes, edibles, perennials, herbs)

* click on the user names to see their member page, or earlier in the thread for their full want list

note- i post names in the order they were added. if you wish to adopt
    newbies who have been waiting the longest- look at the first names in
    every zone category.

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 3

Q

Comments (72)
    Hello. I am trying to figure out how to get on the adopt-a-newbie list. We are collecting seeds to try to grow our first garden. Apology in advance if I posted this in the wrong area or on someone else's post or request. Thank you in advance for all your help.
    ...See More

HAVE: Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 4

Q

Comments (37)
    ok this may be glitchy- but here is the current list, more info in next post, cause i just want to see if i can fit this in one post... Current Newbies to be Adopted: Zone 2-3: Zone 4: Honorsyaya zone 4-5 (general wants, climbing roses, perennials) yooper_at_heart 4,Mi (vegetables, tomatoes, herbs, pollinators ) MichiganBMosh z 4b Mi (establishing seed bank, advice, homesteading) Zone 5: Queen-Gardener 5 OH (flowers, bulbs, daylillies, iris) Twotails(5 MA + greenhouse) (rare, exotic, unusuals; poison, smelly) Bob-MA (5b-6a MA) (veggies, flowers, seed saving, season extending) xXMackXx zone 5 (public charter school - donations - edibles - soup kitchen) filigree zone 5b (edibles, flowers herbs- see want list) TJP8 z5 (perennials, fruits indoors, bonsai, exotics, hot peppers) FortunesFool 4-5, OH (veggie garden, flower beds, gardening advice) Stainsor z5 (heirloom tomatoes, peppers, Vegetables, Herbs, Perennials) Zone 6: scobbs416 z6 se PA (heirloom veggies, unusual veg/fruit/flower) Artax97 6 MO (heirloom/non-GMO tomato, pepper, hot/super/bell) Mizzteek 6 MA (perennials, yard rehab) Jane269 6 / 7 WV (fruits, herbs, veggies, bushes, fruit trees,) Mar_121 6 Kansas City MO (lilies, succulents, flowers, herbs, container) jeannie75 6 (general wants, flowers, pond garden, tomatoes) PattyOK1982 6 (edibles, veggies + flowers) falldaisies 6 (flowering bulbs, veggies, dwarf fruit trees indoors/citrus) hopefull742 6 MO (heirloom tomato, shade tolerant, vegetables and flowers) TNKim z 6B (heirloom seeds, veggies) BogGardner z 6 (new house, perennials, herbs + flowers, veggies) Jennybe123 z 6 (first garden, herbs, veggies, flowers, heirloom) cacombs 6 (Veggies, new gardener, studying agriculture in college) naia1 6a KY (non gmo, seed bank, wildlife habitat, medicinal plants) gabby811 z6 (unusual plants, container/indoor gardening, flowers) Katjaqu z6 (heirloom edibles, seed bank, plants to support wildlife) Zone 7: SweetGardener 7b VA ( help from a veteran, new lawn, container gardening) ichigogo zone 7a (fruits, berries, nuts & vegetables, perennials) dawn1972 z 7 N.Ga (veggies, edibles, flowers) rastoma zone 7 (peppers, super hots, edibles) valkyrja01 z7 (brugs , butterfly/hummingbird gardens, old fashioned flowers) Zone 8: janetg2244_ z 8a NM (advice, greenhouse fruit, tropical plants + trees) scuba_steve81 z 8b (hot peppers, interesting edibles, herb & tea garden) Zone 9-10: smokey28777 z10 (flower garden) Pippa4848 z10 (container garden, fruits, veggies, hanging baskets)
    ...See More

Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5

Q

Comments (246)
    and also i used to live ( and garden) up in washington too...in oly. spent a lot of time in seattle as well. that was one of my best spots for selling my crafts and artwork... but boy, it is a bit tough to garden in. even here, on coast - i have moved back and forth between the coast and the mountains here, in far norcal. you really would think that all of cal has such great growing conditions, and its true in many places, but the coastal climate in nor cal is not much different than washington rainy side. its that cool, lukewarmness, yes it might be zone 8 or 9, but you cant grow too many zone 8 or 9 plants because of the lack of light and sooooooo lukewarm. not hot enough for heat lovers, not cold enough for hardy plants.... but now i can grow tomatoes again =) and so much more...up in the mountains.
    ...See More

Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 6

Q

Comments (185)
    Hoping to be adopted! I'm new to seed exchanging and semi-new to GW, this year. Intermediate have, first time growing at home without community. I have some seeds for trade but could really use some help! Check out my profile :) I'm especially interested in herbs and medicinals, also looking for food plants (veggies, brassicas, annual fruits or cucurbits, maybe some roots depending on size). NY (Long Island), Zone 7 but summers are getting hotter and wetter here, and our growing season gets longer so zone 8 works too, mostly. Thanks for reading!
    ...See More
  • Theresa
    7 years ago

Hello I'm new to the forums but not to gardening. Just trying to get back into it/find myself again after loss. Hope someone will adopt me. Interested in any flowers pollinator friendly, herbs/medicinal a, trees esp ones with edible fruit paw paw, etc and medicinal properties like Willow. House plants all I have now is aloe, used to have extensive house plants jungle. Av, Clivias, amaryllis, gloxinia, and many others. Thank you in advance for your kindness. I'm zone 5-6 and from Nepa

• leila hamaya
    Original Author
    7 years ago

here's an update to our list......

Current Newbies to be Adopted:

Zone 4:

Lady Bug z4 (veggies, flowers)

Zone 5:

Alexis z5 (pollinator friendly flowers, edibles, medicinals)

daisy5055zone5 (heirloom, edibles)

Jennifer Medrano(5)(veggies, edibles, community gardens)

tea4maddy(5)(pollinator friendly, herbs/medicinal, trees, houseplants)

Zone 6:

tomatolady615 Z6 (tomatoes, peppers, herbs, fruit, flowers)

shane brunson(6a) (veggies, fruit, berries)

Jodi Ansin z6b TN (veggies, edibles, flowers for shade)

Zone 7:
    Lauren Lewis(7b) (flowers, annuals and perennials, see want list)

Brandi Jacobs(7) (veggies, herbs, flowers, see want list)

Christina Tomey(7)(Fruit, herbs, veggies and flowers)

Zone 8:

Zinn Wintergreen(8)(new to gardening, veggies, see want list)

Tim & Elle Bentley MS Z8a (kitchen garden, heirloom veggies, see want list)

Hunter(8)(fruits, veggies, herbs)

Zone 9-10:

amanda dallas, tx (z9/8) (vegetables, herbs, and fruits, gardening advice)

Ro z9 Texas (flowers ferns vegetables herbs)

Jenn z9 (see wish list on profile)

Vijay Stephen(9b CA) (see wish list)

Angel M (9 FL) (fruits, citrus, butterflies, see wish list)

omerguerian Z9 CA (indoor plants, bulbs, flowers)

Monroe Quarles 9b CA (edibles, vegetables, california natives, medicinals)

Vicky Salinas(9) TX (tomatoes, edibles, perennials, herbs)

Sonal Bhatnagar(9) TX (vegetables, herbs, flowers)

* click on the user names to see their member page, or earlier in the thread for their full want list

note- i post names in the order they were added. if you wish to adopt
    newbies who have been waiting the longest- look at the first names in
    every zone category.

• S B
    7 years ago

Hi y'all!

I am Sonal, a newbie from Houston, TX (Zone 9) seeking adoption. My husband and I recently bought our first home, which sadly enough lacks a garden.. And was the only house on the block without a live oak in the front !! So 1st order of business taken care of (yes, we do have a live oak now, though barely 5 foot tall...), next task on hand is to set up a garden. And being new to the whole process, I will need a lot of advice, and any help you kind folks can offer.. So far I have a spearmint in a tiny pot, and 3 lavender fledglings that I'm babying in pots. The raised garden bed should be set up by the end of this month.

My wish list includes:
    - Vegetables: Okra, beans, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, peppers, and just about anything :)
    - Herbs: Cilantro, basil, oregano, lemongrass
    - Flowers: Shade loving annuals, pansies, day lilies, tulips

For trade:
    - Nothing so far :( But hope to have something by next growing season

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful community.

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

I just read on thread 6 that Shain Harrison wanted to be adopted. I adopted Shain in Sept/Oct of 2015........once you have been adopted (Gardenweb/Houzz), you can not be adopted a second time!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• Christina Tomey
    7 years ago

Hi newbie here. Im starting a veggie and herb garden with my boys. If there is anyone willing to help. I can send a SASE. Looking to be adopted! Thank you!

• Shain Harrison
    7 years ago

Been on Houzz for awhile but new at seeds. Would love to be adopted for seeds and please please.

Thank you for this great opportunity for help!

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Shain, you must have missed my post, three posts up.....I adopted you in Sept/Oct of 2015 (see ongoing list 6). You can only be adopted one time.............

Annie

• beth_b_kodiak
    7 years ago

so far, no reply from Sarah David about being adopted.

• Jace Ebben
    7 years ago

I got your seeds today, Beth. Thanks a bunch, super excited to get started!

• beth_b_kodiak
    7 years ago

you are very welcome.Hope they suit your intrests

• Heather C
    7 years ago

Hi everyone! I am hoping that someone can adopt me. My family just moved to a six acre "farm" (not really, it's really just land and not a working farm), because I am disabled and was struggling financially. I had to give up my "garden" where I was at when we moved, and I lost almost all my plants. I had been growing veggies and some fruits, as well as herbs, and regular flowers. Excitingly, I do have tons of space for a garden now, but sadly, I now am now financially crushed so having trouble starting it. I would love it if anyone could adopt me, or anyone can spare seeds. I was growing a lot of my own food, and canning a lot, prior to the move. Any types of lettuces, fruits, veggies, herbs (and not necessarily just herbs for flavoring... I am exploring the "herbology" as opposed to pharma for health), and the land here is really, well, all grass. We would love anything to feed wild critters, as well as bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, and any other sorts of birds, and while we're definitely not a nature preserve, we always like to help out the native critters.

I would love to plant trilliums, and quite love the look of hellebores, fuschias and bleeding hearts. I know overall that's kind of an eclectic mix, but I'm happy for any help, given how expensive plants are. I have never been a part of GW, or any seed trading group and will be more than happy to do my share once I have something established. Thank you so much.

• Candace D.
    7 years ago

Newbie here in zone 7a. I would love some flower seeds if anyone wants to adopt me. I have already purchased my Heritage garden seeds for 2017 and hope to have plenty of seeds to share with others later. This is also my first seed exchange so please bear with me as I stumble my way thru it. I would like to plant some flowers around the garden plants and some around the house so could use any type... sun-loving plants or shade-loving plants. Thank you.

• Beth V
    7 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to GW and to seed trading. I'm so excited to join this group and start planting and sharing! I'm in zone 7b in the Carolinas and I think I have my profile set up properly. I would LOVE to be adopted! I've had a container garden on my porch for the last few years, but this is the first year that I will be planting in the yard. I hope to attract butterflies and hummingbirds and bees. This summer I also hope to start raising honey bees! I have ordered some cosmos (multicolored) and some Rattlesnake greenbeans. I ordered extra for sharing/trading. I love vining plants, flowering plants (especially purples and blues), anything with a variegated leaf, and really anything that blooms!! This is going to be a great way to try out plants that I wouldn't normally think of on my own!! :)

• Kim Cowell
    7 years ago

Hi everyone, I just found this forum tonight and would love to be adopted as well as be a part of this community. I have always loved gardening since i was very little but only recently got my own home with a big yard so I can make my dreams come true. I have a strawberry patch I have planted and am looking to make my yard beautiful with flowers. So I am interested in flowers of all types. Paying shipping is not an issue for me.

• Lisa Barnsley Fed
    7 years ago

Hi, I am looking to source some free seeds for our community project. We are aiming to encourage tenants from all over Barnsley to "help your community to grow" We are hoping to distribute seeds to about 100 people to encourage them to take pride in their area. Any donations would be gratefully received.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    7 years ago

I know those of you who want to be adopted are dreaming of seeds as it begins to warm up. This can be a difficult time to ask for seeds. Just be aware that many with seeds are planning and planting...and traded off much of our "stash" or extra seeds (or given away).

Many places are putting their seeds out for sale and many are very inexpensive. That's a good place to start, too. Cottage flowers and veggie seeds can be 20 cents to 50 cents per package. Then you can save the seeds from those plants this summer and you'll have something on your trade list!

Pay attention to local city flower beds. They often need a little maintenance. If you can pull a few weeds it's often a good place to collect a few seeds and deadhead some blooms. It's a win-win for you and the city you live in.

Heidi

• dragonfly20210
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I can adopt two newbies for a veggie, herb and flower adoption. Please private message me and I will give you postage and mailing details and then post here that you have been adopted :)

Edit: This offer is now closed. Have a wonderful summer :)

• Heather C
    6 years ago

I've been adopted by dragonfly20210, yay!!!! I'm so excited!

• Angel M
    6 years ago

I'm gonna go ahead and ask to be removed. I've been on here for months and accomplished absolutely nothing. And I've since moved back to TX and have no yard, so unfortunately this forum was a gigantic waste of effort.

• GardenMom
    6 years ago

Hi ive got lots of seeds to share and swap. I dont have any planted and have had no luck growing anything thus far so ill send seeds for postage or whatever. Hope to do some trades. Ive been on her aboutv6 months

• Radh
    6 years ago

I've been adopted by dragonfly20210, I am excited!

• Lauren Stephens
    6 years ago

Hello i am new to seed exchange a exchanging seeds in general. I am excited to have found this though. I do have a few seeds to trade but not a good variety. I love herbs and unique and cool vegetables and hot peppers. I also like vines. I am more than willing to send postage. I live in NC.

Thanks for your time

Lauren

• dragonfly20210
    6 years ago

Adoption offer sent to Lauren Stephens. I can adopt two more newbies pm me if you're interested in a veggie, herb and flower adoption

• Lauren Stephens
    6 years ago

Yes yes yes. Thank you so much. I appreciate it tons.

• Ladyreneer
    6 years ago

Hello gardening friends. I am a newbie and I'd love to be adopted. I'm in SE Tennessee zone 7.

I have a trade list but am having some trouble collecting seeds from my plants. I do have a lot of mint rootings, Roma Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Coreopsis seeds.

I'd love perennial flowers, especially pink & white hollyhocks, Black Eyed Susan, pink Astilbe, cottage garden type flowers, verbenas, etc. Just about anything! :)

I'd love different kinds of veggies that I can grow in large pots. I have cucumbers, tomatoes, crook neck squash, okra planted.

I'd love herbs too.

Thanks!

• Ladyreneer
    6 years ago

I just got adopted and I'm thrilled! Thanks to dragonfly20210!!! Thanks so much. I'm truly excited!

I noticed your list of wants. I have chives, rosemary, 4 different mints, Thai Basil (licorice ball), Genovese pesto for Italian and Pesto. I actually have collected Lanceleaf Coreopsis seeds in June 2017. I will send you postage or whatever adopted gardeners are supposed to do.

(On the previous things, I don't have any seeds yet and only the mint is starting to seed.)

If you live near SE Tennessee I have cuttings.

• dragonfly20210
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I can take one more newbie pm me if you're interested in a veggie and flower adoption

EDIT: this offer is closed for the season have a great summer everyone :)

• jdmom78
    6 years ago

I've gotten adopted by dragonfly20210!!! Thank you sooooo much!! Can't wait to plant my new flowers and veggies.

I love gardenweb and all the people that make it special!

• Jaime
    6 years ago

I can do 2 adoptions. I have mostly herbs, veggies and flowers. :) Post here if your interested and message me so we can sort out details. :)

• Ladyreneer
    6 years ago

Hi Dragonfly20210,

I just got your envelope and stamps popped in the mail this evening along with a tiny packet inside as well. Probably not extremely exciting, but a small token of my gratitude.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sorry for the online message but I couldn't send you an email or private text.

Garden Hugs,

Ladyreneer

• jdmom78
    6 years ago
    I received my package from dragonfly and she sent me things I had never seen before! Amazing flowers and delicious veggies. So glad she's my garden mom and I hope she keeps me as her Internet child for life.

Thank you dragonfly. You are amazing!

Jdmom.
  • dragonfly20210
    6 years ago

Well thank you very much ladyreneer! I will start putting together your seeds. And thank you Jdmom :) lol.... Internet child that's cute. There are some great people here, some that helped me out too so I am glad I can do the same, happy gardening!

• dragonfly20210
    6 years ago

Ladyreneer, mailed your seeds today. Thank you for the beautiful card and seeds. Enjoy :)

• Ladyreneer
    6 years ago

You are so very welcome!

I really appreciate your generosity in sending seeds to me and I'm unbelievably excited to see what it is that you sent.

Whatever they are I know will love them! Thanks so much dear garden mom.

Today I was finally able to collect seeds from my Victoria Blue Salvia!!! I was thrilled to finally find those tiny seeds and I spent a good portion of my day picking through them since it was raining.

Next will be my Veronica Blue Speedwell, then lavender.

I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow and thanks again for my goodie bag. I'll post when I receive it.

Garden Hugs,

Ladyreneer

• Renae A
    6 years ago

I'm new to the site, but I'm still trying to figure out how everything on here works.

• Ladyreneer
    6 years ago

Dragonfly20210,

I just received your seed packet this morning. Thanks so very, very much! Hubby and I were both impressed with your generosity.

I am going to plant the lettuce today and then check to see what I can sow now during late summer/fall. Exciting! Thanks for adopting me! I will stsy in touch and hope to send something else your way soon.

Hugs,

Ladyreneer

• Kathryn(Zone 9, TX)
    6 years ago

Hi I'm Kathryn I'm a newbie, I live in Zone 9 in Texas and hope to be adopted by one of you lovely gardeners. I'm looking for vegetables and herbs and flowers to expand my beginners garden. I have been gardening for two years now and I love it.

Thanks!!

• dragonfly20210
    6 years ago

You're very welcome ladyreneer :) Enjoy!

• Cheryl Berry
    6 years ago

Newbie here in desperate need of landscape plants and flower seeds. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• PaperFinch
    6 years ago

Hey,

I've got tons of flower and vegetable seeds available as a SASE. Please see my trade list. Message me and we'll get some seeds your way ASAP.

• leila hamaya
    Original Author
    6 years ago

hey all -

apologies for not updating or tending to this thread. my life has changed drastically since i started doing this several years ago. i got hectic and moved, and probably about to move again. i dont have internet access always like i used to.

also - this thread sort of expired, in that its been a while since it was up and active....so i just let it sink to the bottom of the pile...

i could repost the OP and open up a fresh thread - #8 of this long running project, but ideally would love a new host to step forward to carry on the adopt a newbie threads in the future. i did ask a couple of people, but so far no takers to take over as host.

if i do post a fresh thread - i think we should scrap the current list as most of the people are not even around anymore, this thread is quite old.

also i would like to ask for a volunteer to update the list as needed, keep track of when people get adopted or add new names...ideally perhaps a new host will volunteer to just take over the adopt a newbie thread entirely...

if anyone is game, just copy and paste the first two posts of this thread onto a new thread, and then maybe as a third post place a beginning list of new adoptees...so that as people sign up you can add names...

or really however the new host would wish to do so...but the easy way would just to be to continue with the current format, copy and paste the first 2 posts, and then periodically post an edited updated list of those seeking adoption.

otherwise my life is way to chaotic and hectic right now to continue to post the updates right now...

• dragonfly20210
    6 years ago

Going to pm you Leila

• beth_b_kodiak
    6 years ago

I do hope someone can continue this. I have enjoyed adopting through the years but am not able to do the actual mechanics of keeping it going.

• leila hamaya
    Original Author
    6 years ago

me too beth. i do feel bad about abandoning this project.

i know we have gotten hundreds of people hooked up with a good starter package of seeds through this, and i would really like to see it continued too. just my life is so weird right now, and has been for a while...i have been travelling and hardly know how this is all going to unfold. i go dark, haha well i mean to say - there are many times i can't get online these days.

but you know what...i think i will start a new thread. a freshy list - #8.

but everyone will just have to understand i may not be always able to keep up the running list, you know taking peoples names off or putting them on when newbies sign up. i will get to it eventually...but i think it's good if it keeps getting updating regularly.

and in the meantime if anyone is interested in hosting this adopt a newbie - please contact me, or for that matter...just start posting the updates to the new thread.

that is primarily what is needed, someone who is on here a lot who will tally up who goes off the list and who gets added...on a regular basis so that its always current. i know for at least the foreseeable future i will be really hectic and may not always be able to get to it right away.

but yeah...i will start the new thread and we will see how that goes.

if anyone would like to volunteer to update the running list as needed, just go ahead and do it, post it up as it changes...taking off any names that get adopted, and adding the new people who sign up and set their messaging settings correct.

• leila hamaya
    Original Author
    6 years ago

ok all - i made a new thread.

check it out here --> https://www.houzz.com/discussions/adopt-a-newbie-ongoing-list-8-dsvw-vd~5158694

i have erased the list as this thread is very old.

but if any of the former sign ups who did not get adopted are still with us and want to sign up again- post on the new thread.

and again it would be great if there's a volunteer or 2 who would be willing to update the list as needed, by re posting the list as the thread progresses and names go on or off.

• Rebekah MacLean
    5 years ago

I am a newbie and I hope that I have followed all the directions correctly. It says to post on here so hope I am in the right spot. I recently moved to Arizona (zone 8) and had to retire due to medical issues, so want to try my hand at gardening again. I don't know about Arizona plants to give specifics. My back yard is all weed now. I am interested in herbs, veges and plants that will thrive in this area. (Including cactus of course. ) If I need to post somewhere else, please let me know what I need to do. I believe all of my settings are set correctly. Thank you ever so much. Rebekah

• Ryan Brown
    4 years ago

I’m a second year graduate student at the University of Wisconsin Madison so I’m just starting my gardening adventure. Im interested in vegetable plants including heirlooms, different tomato and pepper varieties. Thank you to all the experienced members for doing this!

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions