SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Photoshop Elements/Scanner Driver Craziness

Alisande
8 years ago

For years, Photoshop Elements 8 worked well with my Canoscan 9950F flatbed scanner, an older model that does a great job with various sizes of negatives, among other things. When I upgraded to PSE 12 a few years ago I learned 12 wouldn't communicate with the scanner's TWAIN driver. This is apparently true of all Elements versions after 8. Because I scan often, I kept 8 and used 12 for different purposes. A change of computer required me to buy another copy of 8 because I no longer had my original disk.

As far as I know, 8 comes in only one version, but the new one doesn't recognize my scanner. This recent purchase was bundled with Elements Premiere, which I believe is a video editing program. I have two disks, both labeled Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 & Adobe Premiere Elements 8. One also says Content, but I used the other one for the installation. I unchecked Premiere during the installation process.

When I turned the scanner on, a pop-up said the driver was successfully installed. But when I clicked on Import to connect the scanner and Elements, it didn't work. I got an option that said Frame From Video. Does this mean Premiere is involved somehow? I tried restarting the computer, but that didn't help. Advice, please! Thanks.

Comments (6)