SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

New computer--yay!

Alisande
8 years ago

Some time ago, my son suggested I start thinking about getting a new computer, as my present one is almost 5 years old and gets heavy use. I wasn't in a hurry to spend a big chunk of money, but agreed with him that it would be better to do it before something goes wrong with this one. I do a lot of things on this computer, including some work for others, and I'd really be in a bind if it went down.

The options we discussed were buying brand new, buying recertified, or building one (as my son did for me last time). I looked here and there online and gave it some thought now and then, until earlier this week when I idly clicked on Computers on the Woot! website.

There I found a selection of factory reconditioned HP desktops, a couple of them in the upper middle range I wanted. We've had good luck with refurbished electronics, so that wasn't a concern. I emailed the specs (most of which I didn't understand) to my son (who understands them all), and 18 emails later I ordered one for myself.

It arrived yesterday, and my son took it to his house to check it out and do a few things. He's been sending me messages about how terrific it is, and I'm psyched! He uses a $3,500 computer at work, so I didn't expect him to be so excited about this one. I'm happy to know I have a great computer, and also happy because his enthusiasm tells me he's in the right line of work. :-)

Comments (15)