SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 2 - 16 - 16

User
8 years ago

“Be undeniably good.”
― Steve Martin

“You want to know how I think art should be taught to children? Take them to a museum and say, 'This is art, and you can't do it.”
― Steve Martin, An Object of Beauty

“There are few takers for the quiet heart.”
― Steve Martin, The Pleasure of My Company

“I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening – or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, midevening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early midafternoon, or perhaps the late-midafternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . But never at dusk.”
― Steve Martin

“Always...no wait...never.....”
― Steve Martin

“With a cheery delicacy she divided my obsessions into three categories: acceptable, unacceptable, and hilarious.”
― Steve Martin, The Pleasure of My Company

“...just remember, darling, it is pain that changes our lives.”
― Steve Martin, Shopgirl

“I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns out today is.”
― Steve Martin

“When someone less capable is ahead of me, I am not pleased. It makes me insane.”

“She was feeling her bohemian oats.”
― Steve Martin, Shopgirl

“Lacy was just as happy alone as with company. When she was alone, she was potential; with others she was realized.”

“He gave her his phone number, in a peculiar reversal of dating procedure. She might have considered kissing him, even after the horrible first date, but he just didn’t seem to know what to do. However, Jeremy does have one outstanding quality. He likes her. And this quality in a person makes them infinitely interesting to the person who is being liked.”
― Steve Martin, Shopgirl

“…when the person beside you is making you alert and keen and the idea of being with anyone else is not imaginable…”

“For a while, Mirabelle believes there will be a moment when he will cave in and let himself love her, but eventually she lets the idea go. She hits bottom. She dwells in the muck for several months, not depressed exactly, but involved in a mourning that at first she thinks is for Ray but soon realizes is for the loss of her old self.”
― Steve Martin, Shopgirl

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions