SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandon_the_random

Help in choosing high quantity greenhouse and materials

Hi there, we have to start ~100 trays (1 X 2 ft each) of seedlings this year in a different zone and area than we are used to. We don't have to fit all 100 trays, but as much as possible would be best be that 10 or 30 trays.

We have an area approximately 20 ft by 20 ft where we can build a greenhouse by our house, but I can't find a reasonably priced(under $1300) yet high enough quality (lasts 5+ years without yellowing) greenhouse online. Any suggested greenhouses or reviews would be great!

Another option to commercial greenhouses we're considering are hoop houses made with greenhouse plastic film, but I don't know what type of plastic is best with all the selection out there. It's rather cold out still, and I don't know how well these plastics retain heat at night (from heaters). It probably won't look that good, but it won't have to be a permanent feature so it's okay but if there is a good looking commercial greenhouse that would be best.

Lastly, are there any tips to maximize space or just for general use of greenhouses? I've seen greenhouses where people made racks and stands to use vertical space. Thanks!

Comments (14)