SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forshoppingonline

Can I install two large single bowl sinks side by side?

Pink Poppy
8 years ago

The way I do dishes, I MUST have a double sink in my kitchen - one filled with hot soapy water to soak and scrub in and the other to collect then rinse the items after washing. I don't want a single bowl because the rinsing will dilute my soapy water. I also prefer two bowls so I can prep food in one while soaking in the other, or to keep really greasy or raw-meat-soiled stuff separate from the rest.

I want the "hot soapy water" side to be a good generous size for washing large items. The rinsing side doesn't need to be as big but I still need it to be a good size to fit the large items when rinsing. My dilemma is that none of the 60/40 double sinks I've seen have those kind of dimensions. You just can't seem to get a double sink that has as large a bowl as a single.

So unless there are any double sinks out there with generous sizes for both bowls, I thought: why not get two single bowls and install them side by side?

The sinks would be undermount so I'd have to leave a strip of countertop between the two bowls. Would this kind of set up be structurally unsound? Are there any other solutions?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH