SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catharine442

Should I have side by side SINKS?

Catharine442
10 years ago

After having the foundation slab ultra-sounded (or whatever that machine does), I decided to forgo a $6200 prep sink (jackhammering, etc.) near my planned cooking run :-(

So, because of family peace and main sink traffic, I want to put two sinks - 24" apron front farmhouse sinks - right next to each other on the non-cooking side of the kitchen. The result will be no prep space on the sink side (I would have a little if only one sink) but plenty of prep space on the peninsula (counter height) and on both sides of my range. Also, the end of my peninsula is going to be about 42" across from SxS fridge and will be excellent landing place - better than any space on the sink run the fridge shares.

The double bowl sinks I have seen either have too small of a prep side (8") or two small of a clean-up side.

Because of a laundry room door and a lovely, tall , kitchen-wide bay window, my kitchen will be kind of like a really wide galley but with a peninsula partially crossing the end between the DR and the Kitchen.

What do you all think?

BTW, I don't cook pasta, I don't even EAT pasta, so no worries on the huge pots of hot water crossing the kitchen, etc. I'll just be dripping some water...

Comments (8)