SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erical62477

Second guessing every decision so far... right now metal finishes

Erica L
8 years ago

Kitchen is white/gray (surprise, surprise!). White shaker cabinets (with a cove bead) for perimeter and grey painted cabinets for island. Cambria Torquay counters. Floors are a grey/brown hickory. Backsplash will most likely be a silver crackle subway tile. Stacked cabinets for 10 ft ceiling. Quite a bit of glass cabinets. Transitional style.

Cabinets are starting to go in this Friday - hooray! We've been without a kitchen for 5+ weeks now so I'm getting antsy. However this has given me ample time to change my mind on multiple things. Right now it is finishes.

I already have the Moen Woodmere faucets for the prep sink and cleanup sink and soap dispensers in "Classic Stainless". I have not picked out pulls. There are no other metals in the kitchen yet. However from the passthrough to the dining room, you should be able to see the chandelier with polished nickel finish.

I'm drooling over the Rejuvenation Hood pendants to go over our 122" island. I keep seeing the pictures in polished chrome and it just looks so pretty.

I'm really at a loss for which finish to choose - polished chrome or polished nickel. For some reason chrome comes off to me as cheap (that sounds horrible saying that).

Here are colors to get an idea together (note the glazed one is for the dining room - we are having drawers built on that side for the passthrough - the style is for entire kitchen though).

Comments (20)