SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcgmari

Trane heat pump was erroneously installed instead of A/C

mcgmari
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We ordered a Trane XC80 furnace (AFUE80) 120,000 BTU and a Trane A/C unit XV18. The gas furnace is a two stage variable speed with 5 ton energy saver ECM DC drive blower. A/C is variable refrigerant flow 700 speed high efficiency. After the install we discovered that they installed a heat pump - XV18 by mistake. NOT THE A/C! So now I have a dual fuel system. (everything matched....5 ton units) . Having not ever been fond of heat pumps in the past I did not want one. But now that the system is installed I am wondering if I should just deal with it. The contract was for $14,500 for the a/c and gas furnace. If I kept the heat pump, should I get a reduced price? Don't have any clue as to how much the heat pump is as compared to the a/c unit. Live in Atlanta Ga. and heat pump could work well here. Just wanted to go with all gas and now there is this huge mistake of having put the heat pump in. Company acknowledges that they made a mistake. Tomorrow we have a conference about what to do next. House is two levels, approx. 4400 sq. feet, the 5 ton system would cool and heat both..... have 2 zones ...one for each level. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do re. this erroneous install? And is the heat pump more expensive or less than the A/C unit?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions