SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wags4fun

Backsplash for Sea Pearl Quartzite - Help!!

wags4fun
8 years ago

Greetings! Thanks in advance for any input/advice you can provide. I have searched this forum & found literally hundreds of posts in one single discussion regarding backsplash options for Sea Pearl quartzite; I now understand why, as it's a challenge to find the right color to go with Sea Pearl!

Our island is a green-based soapstone, perimeters Sea Pearl (gray tones prominent), cabinets are maple with cherry stain. Current appliances are white; will most likely stick with white when we upgrade. With the patterns in both the soapstone & quartzite, a quiet backsplash is probably the best choice. Originally, we thought white subways. Then I became enamored with all the beautiful backsplash options & began exploring numerous colors, shapes, sizes. You name it...it's probably in my huge pile of samples. We haven't found "it" and have now circled back to white subways with gray grout. I found a Kohler white subway that would match our Kohler white sink. I only have one tile as a sample, but it appears to have a gray tint to it...which I like vs. a stark white.

Questions:

1) Do you think the white subways work or would that "wall of white" be too much contrast with the cherry cabinets?

2) Would the gray grout bring another layer of pattern to the room and make it more busy?

Thanks for any input. I am so reluctant to make this decision; fear of commitment! In the meantime, I found some Thirstystone trivets that look like encaustic tiles that I've leaned behind the sink to protect the wall from water. We've received compliments on them & actually like the look! Perhaps the other option is just to paint & keep the coasters. Lol.

The Kohler white tile is the one that projects out on the left of my sample board:

Kohler tile:

Our "temporary" backsplash:

Comments (19)