SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theserialgardener

MNF March Make-It-Yourself Swap

Dan Coates
8 years ago

Here it is, the March MNF (Making New Friends) Swap! This time around, we're going to be showing off our handiwork to one another, whatever it is we like to do in addition to gardening! So, whether you quilt, make candles, knit, press leaves, make fudge, or paint rocks, this is your chance to gift someone with a small sample of what it is that you do. Please make sure you read through ALL of this posting before joining, we're going to be on a time schedule, and there are some things I need to know before pairing people up.

Here's our timeline:

February 15th: Last day to sign up

February 16th: Partners should be announced

March 5th: Final Deadline to send out our packages. Packages may be mailed out any time before this.

Package Requirements: A minimum of 3 packs of seeds, and a sample of your handiwork. This can be anything as long as it is something you've made. If you'd like to include something more, go for it, that'll be up to you.

Because we're trading handmade items, we need to talk about allergies. As most of you know by now, I have 3 cats. Chances are, if I sew something, some cat hair is going to get sewn in and make the journey to my partners house, and that would not be a good thing if they were allergic to cats. So, here's what I need to know when you sign up. First, let me know if you have pets, and what they are. Also let me know if you or someone living with you is a smoker. Also let me know if you might be sending some type of food which might contain gluten, nuts, etc. Next. list any allergies you might have such as allergies to pet dander, gluten, smoke, types of food, and whatever else you think might be good to let me know about. Use this format to let me know your information:

Name: Dan

Pets: 3 cats

Smoker: No

Allergies: None

I know it's a lot to ask, but I'd rather have everyone receive a package they can enjoy, and I'm sure you all feel the same way.

So, having said all of that, let the March Mayhem begin!

Comments (102)