SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Templating our Fantasy Brown - what do you think?

Tmnca
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We visited the fabricator today to view the templates. Our counters will basically be an L-shape consisting of a large peninsula 36" deep with sink, and the wall run with range in near-center. We bought the biggest slab they had, but unfortunately we will still have to have a seam at the L-join, and due to the large size of the peninsula the movement will not be in the same direction on the wall run as on the peninsula. The slab is just wide enough to manage the peninsula run as one piece but the end overhang cap will have to be cut from another area.

Here's our floor plan, the fridge wall is pantries no counter over there. The peninsula will overhand toward dining room.

Templates are:

Bottom template - peninsula, with kitchen-side at bottom (sink to right of center). The left half of the peninsula slab will be the most visible part - viewed when entering the home.

Top right template - the first part of the wall run that will be seamed to the peninsula (I chose this side of the slab so the colors are more similar to the right side of the peninsula area)

Top left template - wall run on right side of range.

Can you think of a better way to do this - short of buying an entire second slab? I think I am OK with this, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. It's hard to picture how it will look with the 90 degree orientation change.

Comments (61)