SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandyscherer

Alternative to plantation shutters?

farmdrmer
8 years ago

Hi, I hang out mostly in the build forum and am new here but hoping someone may have an idea to help.

My master bath has two windows in a corner. I planned on installing plantation shutters as window covering so I could keep the bottom half closed for privacy but the top half tilted for natural light. The issue is the tub will be installed in this corner, and there isn't enough clearance for the plantation shutters to swing open to access the window for cleaning. The decorator/sales lady is suggesting I do 2" blinds and just keep bottom closed but tilt the top open by hand and leave them that way. This solves the problem but certainly isn't the look I'm going for. I've ruled out a Roman shade or curtain due to moisture bc tub is so close. Is there anything I'm missing that might work better than the blinds? Thank you so much for any suggestions!

here is a bad photo, but the second window is caddy corner to this, same size. The short end of the tub is installed directly in front of the window in this photo and the faucet and long side of tub against the window not shown.

Offending tub, at least she's pretty!

Comments (12)