SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Definitely Picked the Right Neighborhood

secsteve
8 years ago

Two incidents recently more then confirmed we had picked the right neighborhood when we moved from VA.

On our walks with Lily, we've come to know Dorothy, one of our neighbors further down from us. Her and Lily have a special "greeting" - Lily barks and Dorothy barks back.

About a week and a half ago, while on our walk, we mentioned to Dorothy we were getting ready to store "The Village" (all 8 tubs) and our ornaments (5 Tubs) in the attic. She volunteered first her husband, then herself to help us. We thanked her and reassured her we could do it. Nope, we got home and she called to say her and hubby were on the way over. I have to admit, he was just what we needed to get those boxes up and in the attic.

Yesterday I hadn't snow plowed our driveway as they were forecasting more snow, so why bother. Imagine our surprise when we heard snowblowers going. Two neighbors from across the street were clearing our driveway. I think besides being nice, one was payback for all the times I cleaned out their driveways.

Now that's what I call neighbors!

Comments (9)