SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_murphy3113

Kitchen Reveal-- Five Years in the Making

Kimberly Murphy
8 years ago

After thousands of hours pouring over information on this site and five years of storing appliances, quartzite, and, literally, the kitchen sink in our garage, my husband and I are 95% done with our complete gut kitchen remodel-- It's time to share!

What it was-- Golden oak cabinets, linoleum flooring, and gold/brown tile last redone in 1991. Original 1977 double ovens, 1980's range, 1990's fridge, non functional range hood complete with duct tape, 1970's aluminum double pane widows, and a 1991 almond dishwasher that caught on fire 5/2015.

What it is now: My DREAM-- thanks in large part to all the tips, tricks, and inspiration I've found on this site over the years! Pictures to follow were taken by our cabinet installer. Please excuse the bits of unfinished trim and doors not replaced yet. Kitchen opens into dining & living room, which are still in the process of getting flooring replaced and trim added.

Appliances: JennAir everything (We did our research and this is what we love. Please refrain for comments on what a huge mistake you may think we made. So far, I'm nothing but happy!): Double convention ovens with 7" interactive touch-screen, tri-temp zone beverage center, French-door counter-depth fridge with bottom freezer, gas range, 36" hood, and dishwasher.

Sink: Hammered copper farmhouse w/Waterstone pull-down faucet. Insinkerator garbage disposal.

Countertop & Backsplash: Polished White Princess Quartzite from IRG in Burlingame, CA, fabricated by Chittenden Granite in Hydesville, CA. Akdo Thassos marble 3x6" subway tile with grout in Fog.

Cabinets: Homecrest semi-custom cabinets with soft-close drawers, doors and pull-outs. Shaker style in color Willow. Layout & customization by Thomas Home Center, McKinleyville, CA. Pulls ordered from All Handles and Pulls, Beslag in polished-copper finish.

Flooring: US Floor Navarre Montauban Engineered White Oak, oiled. Purchased from Eureka Floor & Carpet One in Eureka, CA.

Pendant Lighting: Tech Lighting Soliel.

Paint: Ceiling and trim are Benjamin Moore Super White. Wall color in adjoining spaces is Benjamin Moore Pebble Beach.

Comments (53)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz