SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
o_tanasa

Plumeria curling leaves

oana nana
8 years ago

Hello everybody,

On our last trip to Hawaii we've got 8 cuts of plumeria and have tried to grow them ourselves so we can enjoy this miracle plant. Out of 8 we've got 5 going. We have planted them at the end of September/2015 and already started to get some leaves at the beginning of December. One plant grew big leaves in a record time of 5 days, the rest of the plants are much slower at growing their leaves. One of them even developed a bud, which I can't wait to bloom soon in the future.

We live in Sacramento area, we kept them outside until the end of Nov when temperatures dropped to 50's but now they are inside on the top of the fridge. Our house does't get much light, plus we have 2 toddlers that would not be very nice to the plants if we would put them next to a window, so they are on the top of the refrigerator and get most of the light from the indoor lights.

Some of the leaves started to grow curly, unfortunately. I have noticed some very tiny fleas , which I have no clue what creatures they are. I don't water the plants more than once a week, never fertilized them! What is it to be done so I can successfully grow them healthy? Why are they curly?

Comment

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!