SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notjannaz10

Win 7 update snafu????

notjannaz10
8 years ago

Friday when I started up our computers at work, several of them indicated a problem with the updates they had received from Microsoft either earlier that morning or the day before (thursday the 14th). These computers are all Windows 7. They are not networked. That’s all I know about them.

The screens displayed a notice “failure configuring windows update. Reverting changes.” After a time, Windows did start up and seemed to function normally.

They are turned off at the end of the day. When I started them up the following morning, three of them displayed the same notice. Not sure about the others as they were turned on before I arrived. Again, after a time, they seemed to function normally.

Does anyone know what’s going on? I looked on google but all the references I saw were from months ago.

I did notice that one of the three still turned on at the end of the day was receiving more updates, but I am not able to check the results (not posting this from work).

I’m afraid to let my home pc (also Win 7) update until I know it’s safe to do so.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Jann

Comments (4)