SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

Anyone starting veggies yet?

User
8 years ago

I really need to start my tomatoes soon. I'm always too late with that, and end up not getting any fruit before it gets too hot. I have clones of the Early Girl, Everglades and a NOID large red cherry. Also have seedlings of a NOID volunteer. I'm only doing two more varieties, and not many of those: Cherokee Purple (which should do better up here in N. FL than it did in 10a) and Mortgage Lifter (never grown before). I don't know what else to start. I was going to grow some collards, and the newly updated FL Vegetable Gardening Guide says I still can, but I don't know. I may just plant one or two in a 5-gallon pot and let it go at that for now. I haven't really been able to get the courtyard where I want it, and probably won't get it completely done until fall. Herbs -- not sure if I'm going to mess with them until I can get the courtyard done. Not even sure where to plant them. I may do some dill outside the courtyard and maybe some oregano and thyme. I have to only plant things that aren't easily identifiable as food outside the courtyard to avoid having them stolen. That's sad, but that's the way it is.

Comments (12)