SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrtsarnold

OKNA 700 and Marvin Integrity window quotes

mrtsarnold
8 years ago

Hello, I've got quotes to replace windows in 7 openings with 21 windows for the rear and one side of my home. 5 openings are triples with a casement on each end and stationary in the center. 4 openings have large radius stationary windows above the triples. See pic below to get an idea of scope. Its not your typical install. I've had RBA, Marvin and OKNA come out. What has me stumped is this. The Marvin integrity quote is 27,500 and includes replacing the jamb extensions and interior trim. The OKNA quote came in at 25,000 and the company wants to leave the existing jamb extensions and interior trim. I really like the OKNA windows but I was fully expecting a quote that was 65%-85% of the Marvin quote just based on research. Can a pro weigh in based on the info supplied if either quote seems out of line? I really liked the idea of fully exposing the sills so a framing can be inspected/repaired and a proper waterproofing with flexwrap or similar could be done. I have feeling based on some water damage below one of the windows that the original mid 90's carapco's were not properly installed to begin with. Thanks

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!