SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevesdigits

I've been exercising

ズ About 6 weeks after the gardening season is wrapped up, this olde retired guy begins feeling some physical changes from sitting around so much! Thankfully, it snowed a fair amount. It usually takes me three tries to get about 300 feet of walkways cleared. I have no interest in doing more damage to my back! Still, it seems like pretty good exercise, especially for the cardiovascular system.

Then what? I've had no formal exercise program. No trainers, can't remember the last time I was in a gym. Miranda is no longer on teevee to lead me in my morning "stretch."

I've taken up walking. Not just any walk and not just anywhere - outdoor conditions are treacherous! And, I'm not quite willing to throw myself into my walk regimen at the mall. I've got my dignity ...

You see, I find exercise activity somewhat b.o.r.I.n.g. The American Heart Association says we only need 30 minutes and some idea of a target heart rate. Sounds about right to me!

I'm lame. I don't walk very well because of nerve damage. Well, not to worry! If I can move, I should be able to get that olde ticker up to target speed. I've got an advantage, it doesn't/shouldn't hit 130/minute. You didn't know there were advantages to aging? Well, now you do!

Still, it can't be a saunter. No stroll in the park will raise my pulse much. It might depend on who's sunbathing ... or, if I'm attached by a dog. Not much like that going on in January but I need exercise! So, I get my moves on!

"Around the house?" you wonder. Sure, why not? In my house there is an area where I can cover 88' and do lots of moves that go unnoticed by the neighbors or even DW. She doesn't even need to catch sight of me while she hangs out in the other half of the house! 88' x 60 = 5,280' Yep, I can cover a mile!

There are turns and navigating thru doorways but I get my heart rate above 100 and cover the distance in right at 30 minutes ...

ヅ Steve オ

Comments (18)