SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

Himalayan Salt Block and Kale Strippers

MtnRdRedux
8 years ago

No, that is not from a random word generator.

It goes like this.

So, on Christmas, we made sugar cookies. It has been years since I did that, and this time I followed the Joy of Cooking suggestions for rolling them out. It didn't turn out so well. So I decided to research the best way to make picture perfect sugar cookies, which I last succeeded at probably 10yrs ago and then hung up my rolling pin. (fyi see below and chime in if you have pointers to add)

So, I bought these silicone guides for my rolling pin and when they arrived it came with a catalogue. I think the Kale stripper might be handy (it can strip herbs and the like too). I never heard of the salt block, which it says you can grill on, chill on,and serve on? Anyone have one? I am intrigued.

P.S. Pointers for rolling out sugar cookies

1. Chill a large cookie sheet and roll out your dough on the sheet upside down; keeps dough cold.

2. Use 10x sugar not flour to keep from sticking; it won't harm the flavor it you use a bit too much, the way flour can

3.Roll out the dough a bit before chilling it, into rectangles the same shape as the cookie sheet, then chill it on silpat or parchment

4. For the final roll after 2-4 hrs of chilling, use silicone bands attached to your rolling pin to roll to desired thickness (the thicker the easier)

5. You can cut the cookies right on the Silpat and lift out the extra dough rather than handle the cookies and risk misshaping them.

Comments (24)