SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezer1956

Lost my old buddy

c t
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Christmas Day Old Cat lost his appetite. He'd had a bout of constipation earlier in the month, we dealt with that, cat lax was doing the trick. He had, though, over the last two years, lost a pound and a half. After three days of refusing to eat, and being very resistant to forced feeding, I made the decision to let him go. He was 15, but he'd been pre-owned. I only had him eight years. He greeted me at the door each afternoon after work, and slept with me every night. We walked around the back yard after work while I unwound with a beer.
I'm sad. I have another cat, but owing to her litter box issues, she's a little harder to love. She's been checked out and all. There's nothing wrong with her. She pees against the wall from time to time, I guess because she can. her litter boxes (3) are cleaned twice a day.

Anyway, I'm debating getting another adult cat.

Too soon?

Volunteer at the shelter instead? (since finding another cat that acts like a soft, silent dog is unlikely)Embrace the single pet? ( Other cat will not care much, one way or another. Truly, she's not the sharpest)
If it matters, I will probably retire in seven or eight years, and perhaps move to a warmer climate.

Comments (13)