SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jwood52

When do you take down your Christmas tree?

jwood52
8 years ago

Over the years, i've had cut trees and artificial ,ones. I must own 200 ornaments. This year, having my first grandchild around, I asked my daughter what she would prefer. She told me, "A fresh cut tree, and I want it put up early in December".. so she spent $55 on a cut tree. She "hates"' all my sentimental,ornaments, so she bought a string of 300 lights, a star for the top and a big box of shiny gold balls. No tinsel, no garland, no handmade or sentimental or Hallmark ornaments allowed. It looked fine. I told her it was okay to take it down any time after New Years Day. Well, she got up New Years morning and had everything packed away and the dead teee out on the street before noon. I've never got rid of a tree so early! I always heard January 6, the Christian "Epifany" was the final, twelfth day of Christmas, the correxct day to remove the tree. Then I phoned my best friend Sue- we met in 6th grade, have been BFFs for 50 years. She said her family tradition was to take their tree down on New Years Day also. When do you take yours down?

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz