SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valal111

VALENTINE CARD (with seeds) SWAP

val (MA z6)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am hosting a Valentine Card Swap this year...

Everyone is invited to join this swap.

Yes, I'm early, but this is so you can work on your cards and can get them mailed out so the recipient gets it before VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

1. Everyone that is participating must send me a message with your name, address, and GW name so I can get you all divided up and emailed with details

2. Want to to make/send/receive more than ONE Valentine card? please let me know... One participant can choose to make/send/receive as many as 5 cards
3. Make your own card(s) from any craft supplies you have at home. You dont have to be a craft queen, it's the thought and the time you put into it that counts!
4. Include a packet of seed in card- can be flowers, vegetables, herbs, etc. (Check their member page/wish list, but I am sure they will like whatever you want have to send.)
5. When you send yours to the person you are assigned, post in the forum.
6. When you receive your valentine's be sure to post in the forum and tell us about your card and seeds you got. Be sure to post or email the sender and say Thank You!
7. Cards must be finished by Jan 31st. Cards need to be mailed before Feb.7

Comments (212)

• grafton001
    8 years ago

Dawn and Amy I received both of your cards this weekend, but was busy working so didn't get a chance to say thank you. Thank you for the cute cards and great seeds.

Dawn I can't wait to plant the radishes I'm half tempted to plant some of them now with the nice weather we have been having.

Many I can't wait to try the tomato seeds such a cute little pack that they came in.

• dm_kelly
    8 years ago

Val, Kyla, and Karen- my valentines went in the mail this morning so they should be there Friday.

dm

• Related Discussions

NEW: Valentine Seed Swap!

Q

Comments (29)
    Oh Renee! Thank You so MUCH!!!! I am so blown away with your package. I have never participated in a round robin swap before, this is amazing! Thank you so much for putting such time and effort into this. Thank you for the sweet valentine too! And thank you ALL for the wonderful seeds! I cannot wait to get planting! major joy going on in my heart right now! LOVE THE SEEDS! blessings to you all :) Sheila "sullicorbitt"
    ...See More

HAVE: Valentine's Day Seed Swap

Q

Comments (0)
    For those of you interested, I'm hosting My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap over on the Round Robin forums. I'd love to see you there! http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg1211242811260.html?20
    ...See More

NEW: My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap

Q

Comments (152)
    Congratulations to Cryptid for the poetry contest!! Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Darrin, please pick 10 packs from my trade list and email me your choices. For our two runners up, gardener365 and blossombrigade, please pick 3 packs from my trade list and email me your choices. Thanks to everyone who participated! Holy Cow! Wow! I actually won?! What a great day this day has been,...I even found a quarter on the ground when Elly & I were out grocery shopping! Thank you so very much, everyone! This is definitely a first for me regarding GardenWeb themed swaps. But more importantly, as did Erica, I totally likewise thank my fellow participants for their excellent entries as well! - Again,...Wow!
    ...See More

OBF- Nov Eat, Drink, Garden & Be Thankful Card Seed Swap

Q

Comments (119)
    I received a lively card with these seeds: Asian greens, cut and come again zombie,straightneck squash, pink phlox, national pickling cucumber, sweet cheer tomato, cardinal climber, blue balloon flower, and marjoram! Also seed packets and winter blend tea! Lived it alk! Thank you so much! Also, got my prize for pic! Got cute card and 3 more types seeds! Thank you so much for it all!
    ...See More
  • val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Margo (Smitties),

THANK YOU for the pretty "LOVE" card with doily and the great seeds you sent! Cosmos Cranberries, Dwarf Hollyhocks/queeny mix (from my list!) and Dianthus Raspberry Ripple. Cant wait to grow them all! They all sound LOVELY!!

• smitties
    8 years ago

My last two cards hit the mailbox today. Should arrive in plenty of time.

This time last year, we had snow on the ground. Tonight I'm listening to a thunderstorm. Strange. We've had two measurable snowfalls so far and neither were much more than two inches. Margo

• smitties
    8 years ago

Thank you to tonyadawn for the beautiful card. She used string to make hearts and used stickers and glitter to complete it. Also included were dianthus, pea and day lily seeds. Thank you so much.

• grafton001
    8 years ago

All of my cards went out today.

• nottougly
    8 years ago

I received my Valentine card from Trudy. Thank you Trudy for the seeds that you sent to me. I can not wait to start them.

Thank you very much.

Faye!

• Kyla
    8 years ago

A huge thanks to dm_kelly and Karen holt! My cards came today and I'm so excited about all the seeds they sent! I can't wait for warmer weather now. And dawns card came with the added bonus of chocolate covered macadamias. Between the two cards I received 10 new varieties of flowers for my garden this year! Thank you so much to you both for your generosity. :)

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

What super adorable Valentine's from Dawn and Karen. You ladies rock!

• smitties
    8 years ago

Thankyou to Erin (boygardner) who sent me a pretty card with sunflower pictures cut out in heart shapes and a twice bow. Erin, you commented on your creativity but I thought it was pretty creative. Thank you for the spinach, broccoli, lemon balm and sunflower seeds. All are greatly appreciated. Margo

• racetowin
    8 years ago

Hiya SMITTIES,

Loved the pretty valentine , as well ad the eyeball seeds ,poppy I hope grow Blue ,An cosmos...

This has been an awesome valentine trade an seeds, will do it again in 2017.

:o) Now to germinate a few..

I love the challenge .

b

• racetowin
    8 years ago

smitties pretty card an seed

Thanks again pal..

b

• bluee19
    8 years ago

Thank you SO MUCH Karen!! I got some happy mail today and love the hand made bouquet of cute hearts and the nanho blue, zinnia red cali giant, and cosmos daydream seeds. Thanks for making my day a little brighter.

• dm_kelly
    8 years ago

Tasha, what a cute little envelope sent filled with seeds (black beauty eggplant, straight 8 cucumber, and Ali deluce spice pepper)! Thank you! I will definitely use these!l

• dm_kelly
    8 years ago

Forgot the picture :)

• Karen Holt
    8 years ago

A huge thank you to dm_kelly and grafton001! Here is Kelly's card:

Kelly gave me some much needed chocolate, lol, and some great seeds. Bachelor Buttons - Black Ball, Cosmos - Sensation, Love in a Mist, Amaranth - Molten Fire and Mallow - Vulcan. I feel so very spoiled. Thank you!

This is Tasha's card:

Tasha, I just loved your card. So very sweet. I will keep my most treasured seeds in this packet. The seeds were wonderful as well. Basil - Siam Queen (I love basil), Sweet Marjoram and Italian Parsley. You have rounded out my herb garden very nicely. Thanks!

• boggardner
    8 years ago

Thank you Margo (smitties) for the cute card and seeds. To funny you daughter did baby's breath as well for her wedding! These seeds will be put to great use!

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Tasha, Thank you so much for the handmade Valentine with seeds. I just adore it! I am very excited to try the lemon mint and lemon basil and the ice plant seeds! Thank you so much! I just got home from work and it was such a treat! Amy

• mcc371
    8 years ago

I am way behind on posting my Thank You's. Been so busy with work lately.

Crisann- Thank you for the cute heart shaped seed holder with dahlia mix, sweet dumpling squash, and lettuce seeds.

Amybabyboy3- Thank You for the "you're a hoot " valentine card with Oakleaf lettuce, Patisson golden marble scallop squash, Goldcoast okra, Cayenne pepper, and she also sent a cute small heart notepad!

Bluee19- Thank You for the beautiful rose card with Organic Butter King Lettuce, Big Rainbow Tomato. and Thai Mustard.

Thank You all I can't wait to get them planted and watch them grow. Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Have a Beautiful Day!

Tammy

• val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

BIG Thanks go out to DM_Kelly (Dawn) for a lovely handcrafted card (great idea!) filled w/goodies -- Seeds: Vulcan Mallow, Cosmos, Bachelor Buttons, Love in a Mist and Molten Fire Amaranth...Cant wait to try them! AND some yummy chocolate filled with macadamia nuts! All were greatly appreciated!

• dm_kelly
    8 years ago

I had happy mail from Karen waiting for me today! It was a heart bouquet filled with pak choy, varna leeks, strawberry popcorn, giant zinnias, and rose queen cleome. Thank you Karen! I can't wait to try theses!

• tabb
    8 years ago

Has anyone heard anything from Shannon (sim2118) ? Hope she's o.k.

• val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Trudy, I havent hear from Shannon/slm2118. She may be late sending her cards? I've sent her a message and I did get a message from another participant that is late sending their card(s) so I hope all is well.

• val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Shannon is well, got a message from her today; Life just crazy, which I know we all can relate to at one time or another.

• slm2118
    8 years ago
    I'm so sorry. Life's been crazy. Thank you to much to Trudy and Karen for the beautiful cards and the new seeds!! My cards have been sent out. My 3 year old helped while my 10 month old tugged on my leg, so they aren't the prettiest. Oh well. Such is life. I hope you enjoy the seeds at least.
  • tonyadawn (dawn1972)
    8 years ago

I was happy to see this package arrive today and i will be planting all these this weekend. Thanks Tasha

• racetowin
    8 years ago

Sure looks like everyone has made such pretty valentines. I am so proud of all of you.......That's the way to deliver a good punch..

An thank again to the ones I received.

b

• tonyadawn (dawn1972)
    8 years ago

Dawn (dmkelly)-yes i love peppers and these are some of my favorites, thank you. They are getting planted this weekend too.

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

I received an adorable valentine from Tasha (Grafton001) today. Great seeds too. I'm especially excited about the jicama. Thank you so much!

• tabb
    8 years ago

Good to hear all is well for our busy mother of 2 toddlers, Shannon. You are very courageous to participate. Your LOVE is really showing thru. Bless You, Trudy

• val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Good morning, everyone...it's a chilly -8 here in Massachusetts...Needless to say, I plan to hunker down and enjoy the inside warmth all day :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, with visions of growing plants in your head :)

SPRING is around the corner, tho at times it's hard to believe.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    8 years ago

Happy Valentine's day

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    8 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Keep warm and enjoy your day. Jen

• racetowin
    8 years ago

Back at you......b ;o)

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

• Karen Holt
    8 years ago

Just wanted to stop in and thank Shannon for the lovely card and vegetable seeds. We've got wonderful weather for starting the veggies today so I'm of to plant my goodies. Thank you again!

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Shannon -- I received your card today. Thank you so much!

• tabb
    8 years ago

Thanks Shannon for the adorable card you made & the great selection of vegetable seeds for my 2016 garden. I will think of you as I tend to them. Then when I harvest & enjoy the veggies I will offer thanks to God for your generosity of sharing the seeds that made them possible. You've been a Blessing to me, Trudy

• Crisann12 (zone 4)
    8 years ago

Thank you Tammy (mcc371) for the great card and seeds!!! I'm definitely going to have to start some more flower beds!!

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Tammy, Thank you also for the very pretty Valentine card, It is so neat! I also appreciate the seeds, bronze fennel, tiger eye marigold and yellow/orange marigold! Have a great night! Amy

• bluee19
    8 years ago

TGIF 2 Everyone!

Thanks Tammy for the Happy Valentines Card with yellow/orange marigold mix, bronze fennel, and pink bee balm seeds. Thanks for sharing friend!

• val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I hope everyone has enjoyed the Valentine Card swap, and all have received their cards. I see a few late cards are coming in, so this might not be the last post. However, if you have any feedback or problems, please message me privately.

THANKS for participating!

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Val, Thank you for hosting this swap, It was a lot of fun!

• slm2118
    8 years ago

Thanks Tammy for the beautiful car and seeds! I could smell their wonderful fragrance as soon as I opened the envelope. I can't wait to grow them in my garden!

• racetowin
    8 years ago

I did receive all 5 of my cards . And thank you for the great valentine swap.

You did well.

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

I received all of my cards, as well. Thank you to everyone who participated and an extra thank you to everyone who sent me cards. Thanks for hosting, Val. It was fun! :)

• val (MA z6)
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Glad everyone enjoyed! I am hankering to get out there and dig in the dirt. Spring will be here soon (I Hope!) but we dont plant out til Memorial Day anyway...have started some seeds in doors (in addition to alot of WSing) and running out of room -- still have more I want to do, as I'm sure you all do!

Have a great day, everyone!

• slm2118
    8 years ago

I'm excited to start gardening too, but our last frost is about Mother's Day. So I still have a while to wait.

• racetowin
    8 years ago

I have already started gardening indoors. Put the seeds in a wet paper towel

They germinate in about 4 days.. In a baggie placed on my hall register.

Then I transplant them into those little finger holders.. I have about 6 done already.

Hibiscus folks gave me germinated quick.. Blue ones an large ones.

Daisys also.. This is inside fun. Now I placed a gro lamp above them.

It is fun to watch whose seeds grow.

• racetowin
    8 years ago

I received seeds marked CALENDELABRA in the swap........

Can anyone show me a photo or something on what it is?

I have 2 seeds germinated in papertowels an they are wide an about 2 inches tall........

Only place I found info is Africia............Perennial an 100mm tall ..What is 100mm, in our inches?

Thanks in advance..racetowin