SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenwoodframed

KitchenAid 36" gas rangetop- have it? Why does no one carry it?!

greenwoodframed
8 years ago

We are in the last leg of picking out appliances and I am at a loss over the KitchenAid 36" gas rangetop that I've been planning on purchasing (http://tinyurl.com/zb3p49v). It seems to have all the features we want- good sized burners, knobs on front, esthetically it fits with the rest of the kitchen (which is primarily bosch) but I cannot find a place to actually SEE it in person (NYC, if that matters.) Home Depot/Lowes carry it online but don't have it in-stores here, and the big local stores like AJ Madison and Gringer don't even carry kitchenaid appliances, which gives me pause.

It's got great reviews online but doesn't seem to be a big seller. I'm nervous about quality and the ability to get it serviced if we need to.

Our second runner-up is the 36" wolf, however it's $1k more and doesn't really have anything stand-out about it.

Does anyone here have this rangetop? Heard good/bad things about it? I'm really scared to buy sight-unseen, but we've got to make a decision and order within the next two weeks!

Comments (6)