SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie

I feel so dumb!!

phoggie
8 years ago

Well, it happened again last night! I thought after putting in new batteries in my detectors, that I would get a good night's sleep...but all was well until 2:44 am...then I heard a "chirp"...and it was no nightmare. I called my son when it got daylight....again he came over. He completely took out the hard-wired detectors and took them out into the garage so we could try to hear where it was coming from and still.."chirp"..coming from somewhere in the back hall/bedroom area! We looked at the manual and everything seemed to be in working order, but he was stumped....and he is an electrical engineer!

By that time my nerves had had it, so I called my wonderful Amish contractor and he came during his lunch break. He was going through the same steps son did...and I happened to look "down", instead of "up", and what to my wondering eyes should appear....my carbon monoxide detector! You got it!...put in 2 AA batteries and all is quiet again! But, I felt so darned stupid!!!...never ever heard that thing beep before and to think I lost 2 night's sleep, disrupted other people's lives, risk my neck trying to reach the ceiling, when I could have just bent over a bit....oh well, live and learn....even at 74!

Comments (10)