SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Toilets that don't splash water out during flush?

jaxo
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have a Toto toilet for over 10 years and it still works and looks like new, but I want to replace it because I'm tired of it splashing water out to the seat and floor whenever flushed (I can see the water droplets splashing out of the bowl when I watch it flush). Apparently it is a design flaw/idiosyncrasy of this Toto model. I cannot find any fix for it.

I also think it might be nice to get a ADA height toilet since no small children will use this toilet.

I don't really want to spend as much money on the next toilet since I feel this Toto was a waste of money and I only waited this long to get rid of it to justify the cost and get my "money's worth" out of it.

What are recommended mid-range price toilets that flush well, but not generate splashes with the flush and also are easy to clean?

I have a standard height Kohler toilet in a guest bathroom that was much less expensive than the Toto and it seems fine. I don't see any splashing from it. I have no idea what the specific model is since it was purchased at least 5 years ago. An ADA version of it might be fine, but I am open to other brands.

Comments (22)