SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Temporary window treatments?

DYH
8 years ago

With my renovation, ongoing since March and full steam since May, I'm feeling overwhelmed and over budget. I've been living in the construction zone since October and it's a very dusty place to be.

After painting the original house, the crew put the old cellular shades from the previous owner back up and wow, are they dirty!

Although the addition (kitchen, laundry, master suite) isn't complete, the crew is down to grouting tile, painting the master bedroom and finishing the hardwoods. I hope it will be finished right after Christmas.

Does anyone have ideas for temporary window treatments that won't be too expensive? I need time to get all the furniture into the right places and the boxes unpacked and let my checking account recover.

I'll need privacy for the master bath double window (new addition) and would like to ultimately install plantation shutters when I can fit those into the budget.

I went ahead and bought inexpensive neutral cotton curtains (on sale at Pottery Barn) for the master bedroom for now.

I want to remove the horribly dirty cellular shades from the living, dining, and sunroom, but will need privacy in those rooms as they face the street.

This is the first time I've lived in a city, having always had lots of privacy on acreage, so I find it disconcerting to have people walk by and see in my windows! I'm in a nice neighborhood and there are many people out walking.

I'm one of those people who needs sunshine and wants to see outside, so it's a conundrum for me.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Comments (19)