SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ananas88

Questions about fertilization and drip irrigation

ananas88
8 years ago

Hello,

2016 will be my fist year in flower farming. I'm really excited about it. I am spending my winter free time studying a lot and setting out everyting. I have two big question:

1_FERTILIZING I'm waiting a complete soil test result, but I know that my soil has a balanced ph, and is composed of 40% clay, 40% sand and 20% silt. I will use compost and pelleted chicken manure for fertilizing when I prepare my bed. After I will use compost tea as foliar fertilization. I have to buy my compost, because I use it also for vegetable production, so I have to know the quantity. How much compost I need for compost tea? How often I repete the application, every two weeks will be ok? There is some flower for which compost tea isn't good?

2_DRIP IRRIGATION I'm planning also the irrigation sistem, my bed is 4' wide and 45' long, and I have 15 beds. I follow the information I find on Floret web site for spacing. I use 2 or 3 line of drip irrigation but I didn't find information about hole spacing of the drip tape. Here in Italy we use predrilled drip tape, avaiable with hole with different spacing. I think I will use the same that I use for a lot of vegetable, that is drip tape with holes every 11 ½'' (30 centimeters). It is ok?

Thanks

Giulia

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner