SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenda_al

The bad and good re trip and why I'm in the Christmas spirit

8 years ago

During a lunch break and time to shop, last Wed, I lost my money purse with $250 and my driver license and credit card, but didn't realize until that evening.

My two traveling buddies had left to go across the street to get ice cream, while I finished up on blackberry cobbler. Ordered that after I had finished my soup, and owner was our waitress, and said she'd come back to the table to get money for the cobbler.

Paid her, and left to get on the bus.

That night at dinner, I went to pull out the money purse to get my glasses, and no purse, that was supposed to be in my shoulder traveling bag that I use.

Had a show to go to after dinner, and before it started, bus driver told me to call credit card company and put a freeze on it, NOT cancel, in case we found the small purse.

Bus driver came up with the name of the restaurant and said he'd call when it opened on Thursday. Was something I could not worry over as what's done is done, but at least I had taken care of the credit card.

Next morning we did the walking tour of the Titanic and you leave thru the souvenir shop and as I was walking in, I could hear whispers of "here comes Glenda"

Bus drive stepped out front and center, with open arms and said the restaurant had it and all the contents were untouched.

Needless to say bus driver got a great big hug.

He, the tour guide and I drove, while the others were dropped off at a mall, to the restaurant, and tour guide went in and picked up my purse.

I must have left the money purse on the table when I paid the owner as I left in a hurry to get on the bus.

NOW that's is great public relations for a restaurant! Multi praises for the restaurant and its owner.

Comments (26)