SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mztandme

backsplash issue - stumped

Laurie Pow
8 years ago

When we bought our home the kichen cabs. were 20 yr. old pressed board. Top and bottom. Shoe string budget because every sq. inch of flooring needed to be replaced and every sq. inch of wall needed to be painted ( 2100 sq. ft). Didn't have $$ for up and down new cabs. but ordered top, preassembled light honey oak for top. The original cabs. were 30 inches, I now have 46 (YAY!!). Found a very pretty premade counter top at HD that is a mix of beiges..it's actually quite nice. Here's where it gets slippery. Hubby and I painted the bottom cabinets a Taupe color. So, the top cabinets are darker than the bottom ( I know I got it backwards ) He wants to avoid at all costs repainting. (doesn't want to :( .....The back splash has to change. At the moment it's the fake tin. If all the cabs were the same color it would look great, but sadly, well. The walls are a very light sage green - sm. kitchen, hardly any wall. The question is: Would white beadboard look good for the backsplash to match the rest of the molding or should I go for the wood beadboard? BTW, I attempted to see if the tin would look good painted white.....I'm laughing, my hubby just looked at me and said " Do you really like that?" "I'm just experimenting." Then again, I could always buy plaster looking wallpaper and paint it the color of the walls...put plexiglass behind the stove...Need ideas - I'm desperate.

Comments (24)