SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Williams Sonoma Linens Arrived, Game of Thrones Table Complete

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

When DS 2 arrived home from college over Thanksgiving and saw the Christmas table setting i was assembling he gave it his seal of approval with "Cool----a Game of Thrones table!"

He had a point. To me it was pure Dickens, although it undoubtedly looked---looks----more Ye Olde English Gift Shoppe than Mrs. Fezziwig's table. But even I had to admit the pewter goblets and flatware lent the vignette a substantial 'feast after violent warfare' vibe.

Something was still lacking though, forner handy guy now grand Estate Manager for a very lucky family (unfortunately not us) insisted all it needed was cranberry velvet somewhere on the table. I went into Williams Sonoma on a foray into the city and found these linen napkins and runner bordered in beautiful cranberry velvet. Bought one to try and it was perfect, so I ordered the lot and this is the result. Luckily i had that exact shade of red Root candle in what DH likes to call our candle store---and isnt it a good thing i do keep ten or twenty colors on hand? Oh, and added some tiny lights on a copper wire for a more festive buck.

For some reason my iPhone camera makes all reds look almost pink. The cranberry velvet is deeper than it appears in the photos, but hopefully you GWers get the idea!

Anyone else out there working on a table? I have to have three---this one is for Christmas Eve. Christmas morning breakfast is casual Christmas china with the Nutcracker tablecloth this year and Christmas dinner will be full court press Limoges plus. Just thinking of all the handwashing.......lol, it's good clean fun for the kids :-)

Comments (24)