SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brent_villalobos

How do you find service for an NXR 36

Brent Villalobos
8 years ago

This is a two part question. I bought an NXR 36" gas range from Costco about 2 years ago. Recently, two of my burners have been having issues. They take a while to light -- maybe a good 4-5 seconds before a flame appears while on the other burners it's almost instant. Once lit up and on full power, the inner, simmer flame isn't on like the other burners. Most problematic is that if I put a pot or anything on one of those burners the igniter starts to go off again although it's already lit.
Question #1: I've tried cleaning everything, making sure nothing is clogged, and doing all the other things that the users' manual suggests. I tried swapping burners with a known good one and that didn't solve the problem so the cause may require a professional. I don't really want to start touching gas lines (see my next question). But if you have any other suggestions for DYI repairs, I'm all ears.
Question #2: I'm trying to find a repair person to take a look at the burners if I can't fix them myself. However, all the places I call have never heard of NXR and said they don't service them. How does one find service for non-mainstream brand appliances? I encountered the same problem when looking for service for my Z Line range hood. The companies just look up on their computer, see that it isn't a Maytag or GE, and tell me I'm out of luck. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can find a repair person for non-mainstream appliances?

Comments (6)