SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucylemondrop

My upstairs neighbor is an idiot, how do i deal with this

lucylemondrop
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I live in a converted house, so im below and he is above.
since i been here 8 months i have complained about the guy upstairs, he is so inconsiderate, he stomps around in shoes on laminate, he is overweight too, leaves his phone on the floor so 6am its vibrating, uses my doorbell for his guest as he cannot be bothered to get his fixed, runs up the stairs and more recently he is a liar.

I made a complaint about him to the landlord and the first thing he did was come bang down my door like he was the police raiding.
he woke me up but i didnt answer. He knocked about 20times and rang my doorbell.
i complained to the landlord about this who said that he was just trying to find out what the problem was, so i asked her, well didnt you write that in the letter and she said yes so he knows what the problem was he was just looking for an argument.

He has denied he is noisy, claimed he goes bed at 11pm and has been here 10 years with no complaints even though when i first moved in he told my apartment was being used for temporary tenants who weren't living here no more than a year and it was vacant for the most part.
so i dont know why he thinks this is a relevant point he is just trying to discredit me.

so yesterday he came in at 2 am, banging, stomping, slamming doors and woke me up, he KNEW he woke me up as i left my bedroom and slammed my door.
he knew i would complain so he got in there first and complained to the manager
he claimed i was slamming doors at 4 am constantly, which isnt true i slammed my door once when he woke me up at 2am and didnt return to my bedroom until the morning.
so he seems to believe he can hear me but i cannot hear him?

I can tell when talking to the manager she believes him, she isnt a smart woman.
He is good at playing the victim, The manager also said today "its sad to see a man like this he is really stressed"
right so im not?

the man is 45 yr old i'm a 21 yr old female, 3 months pregnant, at university and working a part time job so i'm not stressed having to come home to listen to him stomping around on laminate?
how do i handle this? i have never had a neighbor problem so not sure.
i would prefer not to talk to him tbh the fact he is making up lies and trying to discredit me rather than own up to what he is doing just makes me not want to ever talk to him again.

Comments (4)

Sponsored