SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nockamixon72

Looking for Reviews of Ikea Sektion Drawer-Within-a-Drawer

Kyle
8 years ago

I'm in the process of planning a kitchen remodel. I'm considering using Ikea Sektion for my base cabinets, and the drawer-within-a-drawer concept intrigues me. I'm definitely sold on the styling of it, but what I'm concerned about it how practical it will be for my needs. This is my one and only kitchen, and I spend a good deal of time in it.

For anyone who has already installed and used these, do you find them cumbersome to use? Do you keep your most-used items in the top drawer, or the one underneath it? When you pull open the main drawer, which one is exposed (the top drawer or the one below it)? I'd like to put my silverware in the top (hidden) drawer. Does this mean that every time I open the drawer, I will need to pull open the main drawer first and then also pull open the hidden drawer? Is there a way to "lock" the hidden drawer so that the top drawer is the one you see when you open the main drawer?

I have not had a chance to check out an Ikea showroom yet (the closest one is about 100 miles away), but I hope to do so soon. In the mean time, any practical, real-world advice on these would be most welcomed. (And of course, photos are always nice, too!) Thanks!

Comments (6)