SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Warm extended autumn: what have you been doing?

Marie Tulin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

New England has also enjoyed an extended unusually warm fall. Instead of planting bulbs in the snow, I have been planting in shirt without a coat. by Friday the temperatures will get into the 50's again and I can get to the last 30 "pink collection" of daffodils. Continued to transplant through yesterday (Dec.7) Recently moved azalea, hydrangeas, and 2 viburnums. I have a few more but they are big. I have run out of steam and my husband is low on his usual willingness to do my bidding in the garden.

To further illustrate my new found moderation or improving judgement I won't order the next hundred half priced bulbs I found on Scheeper's website. Left them in the basket.

Spent several hours thinking about and looking at photos of winter containers. I'm inspired by Deborah Silver's magnificent arrangements. If you go to her website Dirt Simple you'll see for yourself. I did an approximation of hers about 2 winters ago, with uplighting from Christmas bulbs, magnolia leaves and a ruffle of beautiful metallic cloth (which you can see in several of Silver's arrangements)

I still need to

buy some copper curly willow....

put up birdfeeders

final check for tools I left outdoors

put away the soaker hoses

get several more Christmas gifts

Tell us what's on your late season list...the done and undone

Marie

Comments (31)