SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiehumbuggery

Lemon Tree Leaves Falling, Is This Fungus or Perhaps Mites?

fiehumbuggery
8 years ago

Hi there, I have a Eureka dwarf lemon that's perhaps three and a half years old now. I just got it this past summer so this has been a learning experience. I'm still learning as I go. The tree put out a good many new leaves after I fertilized it before fall, so I was quite happy. Then when the cool temps arrived, I had to move it inside and got a 200W CFL grow light since I had no suitable windows.

The new leaves look just as shiny, glossy, and pretty as usual. But a lot of the old leaves are looking pretty horrible. Not only that but it seems every day I find a few more leaves have fallen off. I assume old leaves will eventually fall off and be replaced but this seems excessive. If I had to guess, I'd probably say it's some type of fungus. The leaves that fall usually are not smooth or glossy, they seem a bit rougher and some have a few black spots or a few white spots and turn this weird mottled brown. Today while taking this picture, I noticed a sticky, wet looking patch one one of the leaves.

Pictures are attached below. Any input on what I have and what I can do to stop it from affecting the other new, healthy leaves? Do I need a fungicide or insecticide or both?

Comments (15)