SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marciab10

Then and now

Marcia B
8 years ago

Being far removed from our new home construction/ kitchen remodeling projects in 2007/08.. I really felt 'out of touch' after receiving the many helpful responses in my most recent thread - asking for help remodeling a 1990's kitchen for 6-8 K!

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3528020/my-old-world-kitchen-need-help-with-new-project-many-questions

In 2007-08 my husband and I build a custom home, during the same time frame we helped our daughter buy a fixer.. and helped her fix it up.. all DIY... We had a generous budget.. no DIY.. she had a limited one!

In 2008 the total spent on this kitchen remodel was $5200.. for a whole lot more cabinets than we are replacing now for our sons new home. In this picture it doesn't show the large pantry cabinet next to the fridge!! For all of the cabinets pictured below + large pantry next to fridge and small cabinet over fridge, and more trim. Total cost for cabinets was 3700 from a builders warehouse.. All assembled.. still holding up fine! We did a laminate with overhang for peninsula for 1500. Total for cabinets and counter 5200..

I know it is many years later.. and haven't been shopping in those years for these products!! But that is why I thought a 6-8K budget for a smaller kitchen might work...I know I have complete pictures somewhere.. but can't find them.. as soon as I do I will post..

Kitchen ... during remodel..

Kitchen Before........

Comments (2)