SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jhnlmn

instant hot or point-of-use for hand washing in kitchen?

jhnlmn
8 years ago

Its winter again and my hands are red from washing in cold water.
I have an old instant hot dispenser in kitchen, but it has auto-off feature, so it cannot be used for washing hands (even if water temperature is OK).
I know that official solution for hand washing is point-of-use water heaters. Instant hot, on the other hand, is meant for tea making.
I am trying to compare pros and cons of these two solutions. It appears that point-of-use water heaters require a professional installation and city permits/inspection. I cannot find whether permit is required for instant hot. Judging from Web posts, people replace instant hot units themselves on regular basis (since many of them do leak). Do they get a permit/inspection each time?
Also point-of-use water heaters have a discharge pipe to be connected to drain, but I do not have such connection since my current instant hot do not need it.
So, my preferred solution would be to find an instant hot replacement for my current unit, that would not have auto-off feature and that I would be able to install myself without a need for permit. But I cannot find such thing so far. Do you have any suggestions?

Comments (10)