SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

I don't get the marshmallow sweet potato dish

l pinkmountain
8 years ago

My dad likes it. I'm not sure what kind he likes. To me it is overly sweet and I don't much care for marshmallows. I just don't get the purpose of the marshmallow topping. Should I mash the sweet potatoes or just slice them? I have a recipe that has pineapple, some spices and butter and brown sugar. Just not sure whether to mash that all up together and top with marshmallows, or to not mash. I would like it topped with pecans or walnuts just fine . . .

I'll be serving ham, the sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and salad. To me this is an ugh menu and way too sweet but that's what my dad wants. Nothing is too sweet for him, and no changing him either. Don't worry, I will make some other stuff for myself too. Just want to figure out how to pull off the sweet potato dish. Frankly if I took a can of sweet potatoes out of the can and mashed them and topped them with marshmallows dad would probably love it. Oy vey! I can't stand the canned sweet potatoes though, they taste tinny to me. I like just plain roasted sweet potatoes. Maybe I'll just do a tiny casserole with the canned stuff for dad.

Anyway, how have you had it or do it?

Comments (30)