SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann9bnapa

Mid-November blooms from N. Calif

Ann9BNCalif
8 years ago

Temperatures have dropped to the low 40s at night here but daytime temps have reached about 65. Here are some roses, plus one critter from the past week.

Mercury Rising has lovely, very big blooms, and is currently over 6 ft tall. It will be moved next year to a sunnier location where it will hopefully bloom more often. It's supposed to be more prolific than Gemini (which I don't have) but hopefully I'll experience a lot more roses next year.

A few photos follow of David Austin's Happy Child. It's very small (less than 2ft tall) and blooms in flushes about 4-5 times during the season. It's yellow in cooler weather and whitish yellow in the summer heat. HC is fragrant and can be a nice small cut flower.

Happy Child semi-open bloom

Happy Child's new growth is a pretty light green color.

Scepter'd Isle was planted in the spring of this year and is still a very small plant. I hope it gets as big as some of the ones I've seen on this forum!

Munstead Wood - I like to take photos of flowers looking up or outward. My MW's blooms always look downward because of thin necks compared to WS2000. Just a picky point of criticism of an otherwise beautiful rose!

Fragrant Cloud is now a much deeper shade of orange since the weather has cooled.

Easy Does It showing itself as a multi-colored rose.

A new neighbor dropped by for a visit - don't know her name but she gave the garden a Like before she ran off to chase the birds.

Hope you liked the roses!

Ann

Comments (9)