SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

How much do I need for the semi-toothless & the fussy?

sooz
8 years ago

I'm on a four-person committee to put together a luncheon for early next year. Two people on the committee don't cook (they'll be doing set up and serving), so that leaves the "leader" and me for the food prep/cooking.

We have a food stipend of about $1.50 per person, and we'll be serving about 35 women, many of whom are in their 80s, MANY are "fussy" and most of whom don't have their own teeth from what I've been told.

The group leader will be doing special sandwiches and also dessert, and I volunteered for the following:

*marinated pinto bean salad--I've been told to use canned beans so I'll be watching for a sale (but I've already been told the marinade should be on the sweet side)

*Ambrosia Fruit Salad--with fruit cocktail, Cool Whip & mini marshmallows

*baby lettuces with hearts of palm & carrot ribbons in a vinaigrette (but it can't be too vinegar-y)

How many cans of beans do I buy to serve 35 people? ...and how do I figure out how many cans of fruit cocktail and how many bags of mini marshmallows, etc???

What's the serving size for the pinto bean salad and for the Ambrosia--half a cup per person??

Thanks for any input!

Smiles,

Sooz

Comments (4)