SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberkpick

I feel like I keep getting lucky! Hardware came today!

Amber
8 years ago

I got some of my cabinet hardware today from House of Antique Hardware. My heart wanted Restoration Hardware's cup pulls and Rejuvenations cupboard latches.. But my budget couldn't afford solid brass - just steel. I was so worried that after all the effort I put into the other details that it would all be RUINED by steel hardware.... (que soap opera music). Buuttt, I'm happy to report how great the steel pulls and latches from House of Antique Hardware are. AND if my budget ever allows, they have the same ones in solid brass, I could slowly upgrade them. The steel ones aren't heavy or anything, which is disappointing but that's why they're in my budget. They are absolutely the look I was going for. In a few months I can tell you whether it was a good decision or not.. Until then.. Here's a picture..

For me, at least looks-wise, they pass inspection!

Top: The hinges are Amerock (not from HOAH). I did the polished nickel but with the minaret top that's on the brass hinge.

Left: The "small" latch. Perfect size, IMO. In love. Only drawback is the screws are Phillips but.. Budget!!!

Right: Cup Pull... So happy with these. They are thin and light but taped up onto a dresser I have with slab drawers they look perfect.

I know here at GW we go big or go home, but I thought I'd share this in case anyone else was on a budget but trying to recreate the same look! After using (easily found) coupons, I spent $2.95 ea on the hinges (originally $3.66), cup pulls $5.50 ea (originally $5.60), cabinet latches $2.50 (originally $2.99). I'm doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! Here's on my countertop with island pendant..

Yay!!!

Comments (11)